Friday, June 28, 2013

The Things I don't Share :Part 2

I like the idea of sharing things that I would not normally share, so I decided to turn it into a series.  You can see Part One of the things I don't share here.

Just to refresh your memory, the reasons I don't share everything is because, in reality how many yellow painted china cabinets can I blog about, I have painted more than one, for me it becomes repetitive and boring.  I am not saying I don't love what I do, but at times I get bored.

You might think I am negative, but I like to think I am just keeping it real.



Yellow Painted china cabinet #2.  There is nothing wrong with it, it's just yellow and it's the second one I painted.  The first one I painted in OFMP in Marigold and this one I painted in ASCP in Arles.  Both have white interiors.......see boring.


I reupholstered this chair and dipped the legs.  Wahooooo everyone and there mother has dipped furniture legs, why would you think I am any different, what girl does not love a good trend.  The chair was painted in ASCP Old White, legs dipped in ASCP Provence.


I sewed 20 pillows for my friends shop using all fabric scraps. I could write a tutorial on how to sew a pillow, but instead I will tell you to Google it.  That's what I did.


I painted 12 of these chairs for a custom order.  This has got to be the best example of how paint and fabric can transform anything.  The before very very ugly.


1920's Art Deco bedroom set painted with latex Benjamin Moore (Simply White & Jade Garden) using Webster's Chalk Paint Powder.  Don't get me wrong, in person this looks very nice, but as I look at it on my computer screen the first thing that comes in my head is a Teletubby.


My old quarter saw oak table, this I actually loved, I originally painted it for myself and then decided to sell it. I completely refinished the top, it took me hours to get that solid piece of oak looking beautiful.  I had an entire post ready for this desk, then I went to upload the pics from my camera and this is the only picture I had. You can't even see the top (at this point I said the F word twice)  I went back to the store the next day to take more pics and the desk was sold and gone. I guess I will always have my memories.  The desk is painted in Snow White by Old Fashioned Milk Paint.

There you have it, the things I don't share.  I can promise there will be a part 3, 4, 5 etc.


7 comments:

  1. Love it, your dry sense of humour made me laugh! They are beautiful pieces, even if you think they are boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so youre still keeping busy then?! Love the chair and i also love the 'boring' yellow cabinet!
    i wasn't sure if it was your dry sense of humour or if you were having a bad day ;-) i always do my best creative work on a bad day...you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, i am so impressed with this whole project, Your work is amazing! thanks for sharing.online mattress and bed retailer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ideas.this post is very impressive.thanks for sharing.HIGH QUALITY LEATHER BEDS

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous, very impressive blog .Thanks for share restaurant chairs

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover